Paramedic Chiefs of Canada – COVID-19 Webinar – A National Conversation: Part 8 – Multisystem Inflammatory Syndrome in Children (MIS-C) Associated with COVID-19 | Thursday, May 28thJenny Abercrombie
Instructions to join are below description.
A new syndrome, now named MIS-C, has been identified in multiple countries in the past few weeks which seems to be associated with COVID-19 infection, even if COVID was asymptomatic or unrecognized. It manifests itself as a Kawasaki-like illness and/or as Toxic Shock-Like Syndrome. It needs to be recognized as early as possible, so that monitoring, treatment, and testing can be started early in its course for the best outcomes. That makes it essential for Pre-hospital & Hospital Providers to be aware of this new syndrome, as well as looking for signs and symptoms when evaluating those younger than 21. Join us as our guest speakers, Patricia Frost, RN, MS, PHN, PNP, Vice Chair National Pediatric Disaster Coalition, and Pam Farber, RN, EMT-P, Public Health Advisor, FirstWatch, present the latest information on MIS-C, and what EMS needs to know for our patients and our families.
This is a continuation of our reoccurring COVID-19 Webinars, “A National Conversation” where we gather brief “snapshots” of current provincial and/or national states on a variety of pressing topics related to COVID-19. This conversation will be in the tradition originally started with a conference call among Canadian Paramedic and EMS Leaders sharing information during SARS. This highly successful collaboration of information and best practices sharing approach was continued, with help from FirstWatch, during the H1N1 and Ebola outbreaks. This session will be led by Paramedic Chiefs of Canada facilitators, and we look forward to everyone’s active participation and respective local insights.
Facilitators: Kyle Sereda and Darren Sandbeck
Webinar Facilitation and FirstWatch SitRep: Todd Stout
– Silvia Verdugo, MD, MPH, Medical Director – FirstWatch
– Pam Farber, RN, EMT-P, Public Health Advisor – FirstWatch
Guest Speaker (expected to attend, but COVID-19 and other issues could take precedence):
Patricia Frost, RN, MS, PHN, PNP, Vice Chair National Pediatric Disaster Coalition
Pam Farber, RN, EMT-P, Public Health Advisor – FirstWatch
The International Academies of Emergency Dispatch (IAED) are our partners in these COVID-19 webinars.
Please TAKE NOTE of a few LOGIN Changes highlighted below.
When Will We be Online?
Session date: Thursday, May 28, 2020
Start time: 10:30am Pacific / 1:30pm Eastern
Duration: 1 hour
How to Connect with this Session?
Please accept this email as an electronic invitation to join an Online Presentation. You may forward this invitation to others who may be interested in participating. All you need to attend is a web connected PC and a telephone. If your group is meeting in a central location, please consider using a speakerphone and video projector so all attendees can view the presentation and participate in discussion.
Connection information for this Webinar:
Session number: 283 201 855
Session password: emschiefs
Please join the training session on your computer BEFORE calling in where possible:
- Go to https://firstwatch.webex.com/firstwatch/k2/j.php?MTID=t0b82677a41242b64e5ef70d2bd3cb309
- Enter your name and email address.
• Please consider identifying your “State or Province” followed by your “NAME” in the name section (i.e. SK-John Smith, BC-Jane Doe)
- Enter the session password: emschiefs.
- Click “Join Now”.
- Follow the instructions that appear on your screen.
- You will be prompted to join the audio conference after you are online with a specific ATTENDEE number. This will facilitate knowing who dialed in and the ability to address you for questions and conversations.
If you are unable to join by computer, you can call in using this audio conference information:
Call-in toll number (US/Canada):1-408-792-6300
Call-in toll-free number (US/Canada):1-877-668-4490
Global call-in numbers: https://firstwatch.webex.com/firstwatch/globalcallin.php?MTID=t96f8062b1663701e58559b3c7b86a5b6 Access code: 283 201 855
Can’t join the training session?
To add this session to your calendar program (for example Microsoft Outlook), click this link:
If the links above don’t work to get you into the webinar for some reason, please follow these instructions:
- Click or cut and paste the following link into your browser’s field: http://firstwatch.webex.com/training
- You will arrive at the FirstWatch WebEx Training Center where today’s scheduled meetings are displayed. Look for a meeting with the same topic as this session and click the “Join Now” link to the right of the meeting topic.
- Follow the on-screen directions and enter your Name, Email Address, and the meeting Password: emschiefs. Press OK.
- A WebEx Training Manager window may appear. Follow the on-screen instructions and install the WebEx software if necessary. This process may take several minutes.
- A “Join Teleconference” window will appear with a phone number and session or meeting code, and attendee ID. Dial this number and follow the voice prompts. The teleconference information is also listed above.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: This WebEx service includes a feature that allows audio and any documents and other materials exchanged or viewed during the session to be recorded. By joining this session, you automatically consent to such recordings. If you do not consent to the recording, discuss your concerns with the meeting host prior to the start of the recording or do not join the session. Please note that any such recordings may be subject to discovery in the event of litigation.
We strongly recommend that you test your PC and WebEx connection in advance. FirstWatch will be happy to help you with any technical WebEx connection issue prior to the scheduled start of the webinar, but will not be able to help once it has started, to avoid delaying or interrupting the session.
- Go to http://firstwatch.webex.com/training
- Within the Training Center tab, press Setup, then Training Manager, then Set Up.
- Follow the on-screen directions.
If you have any questions, please contact FirstWatch Solutions at: (760) 658-9886 ask for Sara Cinquegrani Cappiello.
For further information visit www.paramedicchiefs.ca
Webinar Date: May 28, 2020 | 10:30am PT / 1:30pm ET