Welcome to Performance Improvement with FirstWatch!
W. Edwards Deming, one of the founding fathers of Performance Improvement once said, “Managements job is to improve the system.” He also said, “In god we trust, all others must bring data.” With our evolving performance improvement framework and our near real time data analytics FirstWatch is the perfect partner to help EMS organizations and other healthcare providers improve the care they provide to their patients, improve their service to their communities, improve the workplace for their teammates, and improve the sustainability of their organization. Our approach to supporting improvement efforts is built on the Institute for Healthcare Improvement’s Model for Improvement created by the Associates for Performance Improvement in Austin Texas.
Looking to Start a Performance Improvement Project at your Agency? Start Here.
Public safety and health organizations begin performance improvement initiatives to improve clinical outcomes and patient experiences and reduce organizational costs. If these efforts are not well executed, however, they can suck up time, money, and resources while yielding little in the way of real improvements. The following selection of articles written by Mike Taigman highlight a variety of ways that you can make things better in your organization.
- EMS Garage Episode 193: EMS World Expo Mike Taigman
- Rescuing Hospice Patients – The California Health Care Foundation (CHCF) Blog
- Implementing Patient Centered Quality Management
- Book Review – Understanding Variation
- Deep-Six the Annual Employee Review; Better Options Exist
- On a Common Weapon of Mass Destruction
- Prehospital Emergency Care
- Taking EMS Into Tomorrow: Part 1
- Taking EMS Into Tomorrow: Part 2
- Taking EMS Into Tomorrow: Part 3
- Taking EMS Into Tomorrow: Part 4
- Taking EMS Into Tomorrow: Part 5
- Taking EMS Into Tomorrow: Part 6
For more articles on performance improvement, you can visit Mike’s EMS1 Column “Better Performance” for his latest posts here.
For more information on performance improvement with FirstWatch, please contact our Performance Improvement Guide Mike Taigman.