Join our Family
FirstWatch is a small company with a big commitment to those who depend on us. Our customers (EMS, fire, police, public health, and hospitals) provide the essential safety net for people throughout the US and Canada. These customer/partners literally have lives in their hands every day. Our team members enjoy our fast paced, innovative and fun culture that’s laser focused on meeting the needs of our customers so they can take good care of their communities. If you’re people-oriented, kind, able to learn new things quickly, and love being part of a small, hard-working, intensely cohesive team doing big things then we’d love to see if there’s a place for you on our team.
At FirstWatch, we partner with public safety and healthcare professionals to turn raw data into useful and actionable information, improving operational effectiveness and driving better outcomes. When customers use FirstWatch, they view easy-to-read, customizable web pages, dashboards, charts, and graphs designed to make it easy for them to interpret the data being collected by their 911 and public safety system. If you love mining, solving technical issues, diving into databases, working with the coolest customers you can imagine, or helping folks make a real difference for the people they serve then our team might be the place for you. If you’re interested in working in Southern California with a small team of incredibly kind and smart people working with EMS, Fire, Law Enforcement, Dispatch, customers to optimize the care and service they provide to their communities….then send us your resume.
This position is responsible for software development in multi-application, multi-server, and hosted environments. The candidate will primarily provide system/configuration support with a focus in helping the needs of both internal and external customers. He or she will participate in all facets of software and system development life-cycle.
The most qualified candidate for this role will have experience working with business intelligence in the public safety and/or public health software fields and have formal software education and/or a ton of practical experience. We develop primarily in C#, .NET MVC, SQL, and mobile. Anyone that might fit well at FirstWatch must be hard-working, people-oriented, friendly, patient, a fast learner, think quickly on their feet, take initiative and responsibility, and LOVE providing our customers great and honest customer service. This person will need to maintain a high-quality productivity level within a fast-paced environment. This position shares responsibility (rotates) with other engineering staff for 24×7 on call duties and so must be able to thrive in this environment.
– Fulfill customer requests in configuring business rules to monitor their data.
– Maintain and modify software and system configurations of production, staged, and test applications.
– Interface with different stakeholders to determine and propose appropriate and effective technology solutions to meet business and technical objectives.
– Develop applications and technical solutions to support business needs through collaborative planning, analysis, design, development, implementation, testing, and maintenance.
– Create system requirements, technical specifications, and test plans.
– Define the scope of technical projects; provide milestones, identify dependencies and development time estimates.
– Create technical documentation as needed.
– Work independently as well as in a collaborative environment.
– Some off-site work may be required. Some travel may be needed. Provide after-hours support.
– Strong troubleshooting skills.
– Strong communication skills.
– Be able to work under tight deadlines.
– Perform other duties as assigned.
Skills and Credentials:
– Education: BS or MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent experience.
Preferred Skills and Credentials:
– Experience in developing and support software solutions for public safety and public health.
– Experience in other databases a plus
– Experience in interfacing with third party solutions.
– Agile development.
– Some experience in mobile development (iOS, Android, Xamarin)
– Windows Server OS management skills.
– Microsoft SQL Server management skills.
This job description is subject to change at any time and will include other tasks and duties as assigned.
Department: Operations- 2016-03 Exemption Status: Non-Exempt
Under the direct supervision of the Director of Operations this position provides administrative and clerical support for the Director of Operations and the department. In addition to typing, filing and scheduling, performs duties such as record keeping, coordination of meetings and conferences, coordinating direct mail and working on special projects. Also, answers non-routine correspondence and assembles highly confidential and sensitive information. Deals with a diverse group of important external callers and visitors as well as internal contacts at all levels of the organization. Independent judgment is required to plan, prioritize and organize a diversified workload.
The most qualified candidate for this role will have experience assisting within a customer service environment. This position also requires understanding of office productivity applications such as Microsoft Office suite and Windows operation systems. Anyone that might fit well at FirstWatch must be reliable, flexible, people-oriented, friendly, patient, fast learning, quick thinking, illustrates initiative and responsibility. This person will LOVE providing our customers, both internal and externally, great and honest customer service. A high quality productivity level within a fast paced environment is a necessity.
- Performs administrative and clerical tasks.
- Assists with initial client technical and operational discussions relating to data source integration.
- Assists with project communication and documentation regarding status of projects.
- Facilitates follow up calls and meetings in accordance with our standard FirstWatch guidelines.
- Scribing notes during meetings both internally and with customers.
- Assist with testing and documenting customer’s remote connectivity and verifying read-only data source connectivity.
- Performs documentation of client profile information in our master reference system and all associated client contacts for support matrix.
- Assist with pro-active client outreach initiatives to ensure clients are utilizing their FirstWatch system and sharing best practices.
- Documents correspondence with clients and related activities in the FirstWatch Customer Relationship Management (CRM) systems.
- Assists with documenting new feature and functions relating to system enhancements or modifications.
- Assists with overseeing and management of tasks related to project completion.
- Assists with management of support renewals and follow up with clients relating to maintenance payments.
- Assists with basic troubleshooting, documentation and testing of customer Triggers, reports and views.
- Assists with customer account setup and verification within FirstWatch applications.
- Some off-site work and/or travel may be required.
- Some projects may require after-hours support.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Education: High School diploma with 1 – 4 years or equivalent experience.
- Technology: Microsoft Office Products, Window operation systems, office equipment
- Work independently as well as in a collaborative environment.
- Customer service oriented
- Communication skills – written, verbal and presentation
- Planning, calendaring and organizing
- Problem assessment and solving
- Information gathering and monitoring
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Computer skills and knowledge of relevant software
- Knowledge of operation of standard office equipment
- Knowledge of clerical and administrative procedures and systems such as filing and record keeping
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee routinely is required to sit; walk; talk and hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, crawl, reach, and stretch.
- The employee is occasionally required to move around the office.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- May require travel dependent on company needs.
- The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 lbs.
- Can work under deadlines.
This job description is not a comprehensive listing and is subject to change at any time and will include other tasks and duties as assigned.