Join our Family
FirstWatch is a small company with a big commitment to those who depend on us. Our customers (EMS, fire, police, public health, and hospitals) provide the essential safety net for people throughout the US and Canada. These customer/partners literally have lives in their hands every day. Our team members enjoy our fast paced, innovative and fun culture that’s laser focused on meeting the needs of our customers so they can take good care of their communities. If you’re people-oriented, kind, able to learn new things quickly, and love being part of a small, hard-working, intensely cohesive team doing big things then we’d love to see if there’s a place for you on our team.
At FirstWatch, we partner with public safety and healthcare professionals to turn raw data into useful and actionable information, improving operational effectiveness and driving better outcomes. When customers use FirstWatch, they view easy-to-read, customizable web pages, dashboards, charts, graphs and maps designed to make it easy for them to interpret the data being collected by their 911 and public safety system. If you love mining, solving technical issues, diving into databases, working with the coolest customers you can imagine, or helping folks make a real difference for the people they serve then our team might be the place for you. If you’re interested in working in Southern California with a small team of incredibly kind and really smart people working with EMS, Fire, Law Enforcement, Dispatch, customers to optimize the care and service they provide to their communities….then send us your resume and be prepared to wow us with a demo of your capabilities.
This position is responsible for software development in multi-application, multi-server, and hosted environments. The candidate will primarily develop and maintain software from a UI perspective.
We develop primarily in C#, .NET and SQL. Anyone that might fit well at FirstWatch must be hardworking, people-oriented, friendly, patient, a fast learner, think quickly, take initiative and responsibility, and LOVE providing our customers the greatest and most honest customer service. This person will need to maintain a high quality productivity level within a fast-paced environment. This position may be required for on-call duties and so must be able to thrive in this environment.
- Develop, maintain and improve software.
- Interface with stakeholders to determine and propose appropriate and effective solutions to meet business and technical objective.
- Create storyboards and wireframes as necessary, and communicate clearly through all phases of software development lifecycle.
- Maintain consistency both visually (colors, fonts, sizes, flow, etc.) and branding across all products.
- Create requirements, technical specifications and test plans, as needed.
- Define scope and timeline, identify dependencies, and provide milestones and time estimates
- Provide demos, as frequently as needed.
- Work independently as well as in a collaborative environment.
- Understand and follow best practices in data privacy and security.
- Some off-site work may be required. Some travel may be needed. Provide after-hour support as needed.
Skills and Credentials:
- Education: BS or MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or an equivalent degree or work experience.
- Years of experience: 3 to 7 years
- Strong troubleshooting and debugging skills using tools such as Fiddler2, F12 in Internet Explorer, Inspect and Postman in Chrome, and Firebug in Firefox.
- Abide by HIPAA compliance requirements.
- Strong communication skills. May be required to present work to and interact with internal stakeholders and customers.
- Be able to work under tight deadlines.
- Perform other duties as required.
Preferred Skills and Credentials:
- Current Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer or equivalent experience.
- Experience in developing and support software solutions for public safety and public health.
- Experience in interfacing with third party solutions.
- Agile development.
- Successful in taking a web-centric solution to the mobile platform.
- Windows Server OS management skills.
- Microsoft SQL Server management skills.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee routinely is required to sit; walk; talk and hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, crawl, reach, and stretch.
- The employee is occasionally required to move around the office.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- May require travel dependent on company needs.
- On occasion may require some on-call and afterhours work.
- The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 lbs.
This job description is subject to change at any time and will include other tasks and duties as assigned.